The new course of Cantiere del Pardo

The historic Italian shipyard opens its capitalization to a new partner, Wise Equity, which has acquired a 60% share, though the existing management remains at the helm with its 40% quota. A strategic operation that guarantees achievement of ambitious objectives

Flotta Pardo & Grand Soleil
Pardo & Grand Soleil fleet

The 2019/2020 season concluded with sales of about 58 million euros, and a portfolio of orders for 2020/2021 that points to over 25% growth. These are the updated numbers of Cantiere del Pardo, a protagonist of Made in Italy for the worldwide nautical sector, boasting 45 years of history in the creation of sailboats and motor yachts with elegant, innovative design and high performance, offering the highest levels of quality as the owner of the brands Grand Soleil Yachts, Pardo Yachts and VanDutch.

This is the right moment to join forces with a suitable partner, to aim at precise objectives of growth with the necessary resources. The carefully selected counterpart Wise Equity, the company that manages the Wisequity V fund, which just last year raised 260 million euros in less than two months after its launch, will accompany the growth path of the shipyard with a 60% capital share, leaving the present partners – Gigi Servidati and Fabio Planamente – completely in charge of the group, with the remaining quota of 40%.

Pardo 38, Pardo 50
Pardo 38, Pardo 50

The goal is to continue the path of expansion that began in 2014 under their guidance – 8 new sailing yacht models, 4 new motor models with the trademark Pardo Yachts, and the acquisition of the brand VanDutch – reinforcing leadership in the 30-80 foot segment, while evaluating opportunities to spread into other segments, acquiring complementary, synergic brands, incorporated in the present offerings of Cantiere del Pardo. The idea is to conserve, in all aspects, the renowned combination of elegance, high performance and comfort. The operation has been overseen by the founding partner of Wise Equity Michele Semenzato, and by the investment manager Bruno Barago.