Baleri Italia goes back to basics

At the Salone di Mobile and its refurbished Milan showroom in Via Pisoni, within the rich Fuorisalone di Brera circuit, Baleri Italia is sending a strong message to the market: renewed economic, strategic and commercial energy to recapture the markets and the attention of the design world.

CEO Sebastiano Langé describes Baleri’s growth strategy as a bold, but “down to earth” project. 75% of the company is now owned by asset management company AVM (the remaining 25% belongs to Langé) and architect Aldo Parisotto of P+F Architetti has been entrusted with its artistic direction.

Baleri Italia’s new trajectory sees the relaunch of the company’s classics with new finishes and new colors, demonstrating that if an object is truly worthwhile, time does not detract from its intrinsic value. The universal Tato Collection by Danis Santachiara and Enrico Baleri has been restyled, along with the Juliette chair, the Caprichair armchair and the Bill sofa by Hannes Wittstein, the Horizon sofa by Areik Levy, the Bentz table by Jeff Miller and the Marì chairs by Luigi Baroli. They all feature new fabrics, a refreshed color palette (the theme of color is central to this design week), with the aim, as Aldo Parisotto stated, of recalling Baleri Italia’s role in the design world by evoking its own history, without exaggeration, but with simple, necessary updates. No starchitect was involved, since this would risk overshadowing the product. Instead, the brand has been repositioned through a slow, relentless emphasis on its value, focusing on pieces, not people. The company will also introduce, though not immediately, new collaborations and new products.

Baleri Italia – Salone del Mobile, 4/9 April 2017, Hall 16, D51
Showroom, 4/8 April 2017, via Gastone Pisoni 6 Milan